- General Questions
- Applicant Questions
- Mentor Questions
DO GOOD X is a 10-week accelerator designed for early-stage social entrepreneurs passionate about developing ventures that do good in the world. For us, “doing good” means that these businesses make a positive impact on people, their communities, and the environment. We provide underrepresented social entrepreneurs with a community of peers and mentors, an interactive process to clarify the purpose of their business and resources they otherwise might not have access to in order to be successful in their efforts.
The X reflects the intersection where faith that drives an individual’s passion to do good connects with the positive social impact they want to have on people and communities through an entrepreneurial venture.
The X also represents the mark you will make on the world by doing good. What’s your X?
There are three ways you can get involved with DO GOOD X:
- Have a concrete business idea and in the early stages of launching your business? Committed to principles of your faith that guide your desire to make a social impact through your venture? Want a community of support and resources to help you along the way? Apply to participate in the DO GOOD X Startup Accelerator. Click here to read more information.
- Are you an established entrepreneur who wants to invest your time, expertise, and guidance to support early-stage entrepreneurs? Inspired by your faith to make a positive impact on people and communities? Apply to join the DO GOOD X community of mentors. Click here for more details.
- Want to see what DO GOOD X is all about? Attend the Pitch for Good at the conclusion of the 10-week accelerator program to hear DO GOOD X Fellows pitch business ideas that address a problem people or communities face. Here, a community of investors, entrepreneurs, and business leaders gather to offer resources, connections, or expertise to support Fellows. Stay tuned for the upcoming Pitch for Good here.
DO GOOD X has three components that make social entrepreneurs’ experience stand out!
- We empower underrepresented social entrepreneurs and provide a community of peers and mentors an interactive process to clarify the purpose of their business, and access to resources to advance their businesses. Inequality persists in the access women and people of color have to mentors, a community of entrepreneurial peers, resources, and financial support. This is where we step in.
- We provide a participatory, interactive, and engaging program with mentors and entrepreneurs, tools, and resources to take businesses to the next level. Our approach is not a typical virtual classroom setting with the lone expert speaking. Our program is a feeder for late-stage accelerators and helps to reduce the number of failed enterprises, diversify the entrepreneurial community, and catalyze underrepresented led business ventures.
- Increasingly, people are motivated by their faith to address social issues but have not considered entrepreneurship to disrupt systems. In addition, most accelerator programs either do not address this key motivating factor for one’s work or many entrepreneurs feel like they have to leave their faith at the door. We address and cultivate principles of faith that are essential to entrepreneurs’ resiliency and work for good in the world.
Eligible applicants include entrepreneurs who:
- Reside in the United States
- Have a clear entrepreneurial idea for good
- Are launching a new business or new aspect of a current business
- Can share proven efforts toward launching their business idea
- Need business tools to clarify and develop your venture
- Are committed to faith-rooted principles that guide them to make a positive impact through their venture
- Need business tools to clarify and develop your venture
- Are prepared to pay any amount between $500 and $1,000 to attend the Startup Accelerator (We know during this time of uncertainty it might be difficult for entrepreneurs to move forward with plans or chase their dreams. That is why we are offering an invest-what-you-can payment option for 2020 and 2021 founders.)
- Can fully participate in the online accelerator from August 30 - November 12
For more information, click here to visit the DO GOOD X Startup Accelerator application.
Yes. However, each team member must apply separately. If you are accepted to the accelerator program, each team member will need to pay to participate.
DO GOOD X’s program content is specifically created for entrepreneurs in the United States context. All Fellows must reside in the United States.
No. Each cohort of Fellows is a diverse group of social entrepreneurs from across the United States who meet virtually.
DO GOOD X’s accelerator works with both for-profit and nonprofit ventures. What’s most important is that your business is viable and has a positive social impact.
During this time of uncertainty and COVID-19 it might be difficult for entrepreneurs to move forward with plans or chase their dreams. That is why we are offering an invest-what-you-can payment option for founders selected to join the 2020/2021 class of DO GOOD X Fellows. Instead of paying the full $1,000 investment, you can pay any amount between $500 and $1,000 to participate in the accelerator program once accepted.
This covers the following:
- ACCESS TO MENTORS, COACHES, AND INVESTORS to help advance your business
- AN INTERACTIVE AND ENGAGING ONLINE PROGRAM that includes a workbook, resources, and tools to develop and take your venture to the next level
- WEEKLY CALLS with an entrepreneurial facilitator and a cohort of peers to provide insight and support
- ACCESS TO COURSE MATERIALS for a limited time beyond the accelerator
- A PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP of DO GOOD X Alumni to source ideas and make connections
- A PITCH to use during and beyond the accelerator to attract supporters and investors
- A CLEAR BUSINESS IDEA and developed solution to launch
- A COMMUNITY to cheer you along your journey!
Scholarships are not being offered for 2021. Instead, this year we are offering an invest-what-you-can payment option for founders selected to join the 2020/2021 class of DO GOOD X Fellows. We know during this time of uncertainty and COVID-19 it might be difficult for entrepreneurs and we don’t want that to get in the way of you moving forward with plans or chasing your dreams. You can invest any amount between $500 and $1,000 to participate in the accelerator program once accepted.
If you’ve run into this phrase on our website, you might ask this question! DO GOOD X believes that social entrepreneurs and businesses for good move through the world and leave a positive impact and legacy on the people and communities entrepreneurs want to serve. This is a social good footprint, which is driven by an entrepreneur’s invisible capital and foundational principles that guide their work in the world.
DO GOOD X is innovated by the Forum for Theological Exploration (FTE), which is a leadership incubator for young adults who are interested in making a difference in the world through the exploration and pursuit of Christian ministry and teaching in theological schools. DO GOOD X understands there are many expressions of the Christian faith and does not require applicants to adhere to a particular denomination or practice in this religious tradition. However, applicants should identify as Christian and must demonstrate their commitment to develop and advance businesses that reflect principles of faith, courage, justice, generosity, purpose, and passion. These foundational principles will guide DO GOOD X’s efforts and your entrepreneurial work to make a positive impact on people, communities, and the environment in just and faithful ways.
No. We welcome applicants to apply if they meet eligibility requirements. However, since we are committed to providing opportunities for underrepresented entrepreneurs, the majority of our participant slots are allotted for entrepreneurs who meet this criteria.
DO GOOD X is innovated by the Forum for Theological Exploration (FTE), which is a leadership incubator for young adults who are interested in making a difference in the world through the exploration and pursuit of Christian ministry and teaching in theological schools. DO GOOD X understands there are many expressions of the Christian faith and does not require mentors to adhere to a particular denomination or practice in this religious tradition. However, mentors should be faith-rooted and must demonstrate their commitment to develop and advance businesses that reflect the Christian principles of faith, courage, justice, generosity, purpose, and passion.
We’re looking for mentors who have at least five years of experience as an entrepreneur with a proven track record of success in either a for-profit or non-profit business or a business leader who has helped entrepreneurs launch and grow a business.